PM2.5/10 Particle Counter
The PM2.5/10 Particle Counter is designed for environmental monitoring in industrial, commercial and institutional buildings. The unit provides accurate readings of particle counts in two important sizes, 2.5μm and 10μm. The sensor uses the laser light scattering method which is not subject to drift or sensor contamination. A fixed volume of air is pumped through the sensor and suspended particulate matter in a given unit volume of air is totalized into two bins, one for particles of 2.5μm and another for larger 10 micron sizes. The results are reported in μg/ m3 of air with all data available over the RS485 port for integration into large systems using either the BACnet MS/TP or the Modbus RTU protocols. An upcoming model will have two analog outputs, one for each of the two particle size bins.
The fan can be disabled between readings to extend the life of the sensor by adjusting a Modbus register/ bacnet variable. The fan runs for one minute, takes a reading and then goes off for the user defined period which is adjustable from one minute to as long as 250 minutes between readings.
- Accurate : Laser scatter method, particles are sized with a resolution of 0.3 μm
- User defined sampling period prolongs sensor life
- Service life up to 8000 hours
- Fast Response : response time less than 10 seconds
- LCD display with backlight for keypad setup and troubleshooting
- High resolution: Particle diameter resolution of 2.5 μm
- BACnet MS/TP and Modbus RTU protocols over RS485 at up to 115.2k baud
- Transducer outputs with 0-10V and 4-20ma signals coming soon